Wednesday, April 22, 2009
Honor Brings Football Victory
BYU football has always been a passion of mine. I grew up in a family where BYU football is not only a game; it is also way of life. Being the avid fan that I am I learned that many fans are blaming BYU’s Honor Code for all of our football problems. They argue that the Honor Code keeps BYU from getting the best athletes in the country. BYU is a unique school; the Honor Code is what makes us special. We as a university recruit not solely on athletic ability, but also on integrity and personality. It is true that BYU has never been known for recruiting outstanding athletic ability. The fact of the matter is that BYU won’t get all of the blue-chip recruits on the list, probably none. However, they will recruit good quality men with high moral standards. The honor code helps us find these good quality men. Why would we want to get rid of that? I am not worried about getting good enough athletes; we already get all of the athleticism we need. I am worried about getting the hard-working, virtuous athletes who will give everything that they have to win football games. The honor code is not a hindrance; it is a benefit for our team. If we recruit those that live the Honor Code, we will get the kind of players that we want. Athletic ability can not win football games alone; hard-work and integrity is what wins football games. Remember, the tortoise did beat the hair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment