Thursday, December 11, 2008

Christmas So Far

So far my favorite thing we've done for Christmas this year has been going to the "Christmas Around the World" dance concert at BYU's Marriott Center. There were about 20 different dances from as many countries; India, Brazil, Indonesia, Ireland, Scotland, Wales, Mexico, China, USA, Poland, Ukraine, and several others. My favorites tended to be the loud, very rhythmic dances. I really enjoyed the Irish clogging, the American contemporary dance, and the Indian (that would be Asian Indian, not American Indian) dance. Although I had a few favorites I really enjoyed all of them and would go again in a heartbeat. I'd recommend it to anyone.

We also went to the Festival of Trees at the South Towne Expo Center in Sandy. That was somewhat less enjoyable because the kids got bored pretty fast and complained much of the time. We did all enjoy some overpriced hot-dogs, nachos with synthetic cheese, and soft-drinks. It's all for a good cause so I didn't mind. I would however consider going on a weekday next time. We went on a Saturday and it was unbelievably crowded.

As Mariane mentioned, we also went to the Candle Light Christmas at the "This Is The Place State Park" in Salt Lake City. It was very enjoyable as well and the kids enjoyed it quite a bit. Paul especially loved all the fire and the trains (really they were some sort of tug vehicle towing several passenger cars). Mariane loved the activities and crafts, the shows, and music. I just enjoyed spending time with my beautiful little family.

1 comment:

Kaye Rizzuto said...

I am thinking of making the blog private so only we can read it or the people that we invite to read it. So you probably don't have to say all the comments about hating the Utes!